Wednesday 11 December 2013

Tablet weaving - uh oh... not like this

Some flaws in my warping system:

  • insufficient precautions taken to keep warp threads from getting crossed in the wrong places and out of order
  • I think the warp threads need threading through the cards as the warp is created (so they sit well on the warp and the warp tension will not need disturbing and the threads are all in order)
  • cards not held securely in the correct order, and this happened -



I dropped them.

Hope I manage better next time!

All my screen breaks from the computer today have been spent sorting out the warp. In the end I wound the warp on the loom twice (on to the front, then back through the cards onto the back beam) to get all the threads in order and even out the tension.


Note there is now a wooden knitting needle through the centre hole in the cards to preserve the pattern order and a cotton tie through hole B on each card to stop individuals rotating.

Anyhow, ready to weave, and whilst I have been typing this post I backed up my work for the day. I'm working against the clock to get YarnMaker published before Christmas, have a little weaving project is supposed to help keep me sane and make sure I take my screen breaks.




1 comment:

Meg said...

Goodness me, talk about me benefiting from your remedies!! Thank you!!